POETRIES

RAINY NIGHT
Yamna Fatima
An incredible sight of rainy night
The moon is hidden behind the clouds
And its milky light is peeping from cloths
Are worn and they are grayish clouds
A calm, quite and holly night
With deep holly and mystic sight
The sky is worn a grayish dress
Which is spreading like silver stairs
It looks as if the angels have come
And due to their inspiration the sky has gone numb
The heart when views this mystic sight
Of this holly and mystic night
It loses in thinking deep
What's the grief for which the sky often weeps?
When the huge sky is in pain
It drops its tears in the form of rain
And in its grieves there's fantasy
In the form of thunder and beauty
This lovely sight of rainy night
Have views of heaven with filtrate light
Of dressed moon behind the clouds
And it's so holly without the doubts!
I AM MY OWN FOE
Mobashir
‘O’ lord, I have nobody else to blame
I do not listen to my conscience when I fall
So I don't know when I fall
When I come to my self
I found myself degraded,
My body was dominating my soul

Lust of pleasure, spade of six passions
Have dug a black well
I found myself in the well
Dark water gushes forth.
Lord I don't know how to swim nor
I have made my ladder
'O' lord I don't know when I fall

'O' my redeemer send for me a sufi.
Whose face is like moon of fourteen.
By your grace, who can take
Away all my worries.
When he touches my head a new
Blood runs through my veins.
He will dream the most
Remotest part of my heart, so
That my soul enjoys his palace

'O' lord help me, I am my own foe
I am my own foe………….

No comments:

April 2008

April  2008
Samar - a bimonthly and bilingual magazine